Boat insurance: different coverage types and cost factors
Weekends in Newton, Norfolk, Norwood, Needham, Dedham, Wellesley and the surrounding areas of MA are the best time to take the opportunity of going out on a boat ride or fishing or simply cruise with some peace of mind. No matter whether it is a yacht or a bass boat, it is essential to go out and enjoy your time on the water with the wind in your hair and sun on your face, without having to worry about that you are not protected by a boat insurance policy. Just like auto insurance, our multi line” insurance agency, Remsen Insurance provides all the areas of New England with a wide range of different boat insurance coverage types coverage types of boat insurance for over 30 years as given below:
- Personal property coverage- This protects personal possessions that is lying on the boat,
- Medical payment coverage- There is a few policies that may cover eligible medical expenses if you or someone else gets injured while enjoying some quality time on the water.
- Towing coverage – Towing your boat across a body of water to safety can cost at least $400 per hour.
- Salvage or physical damage coverage –This coverage which is meant to take care of your boat provides protection and also pays to remove your wrecked boat caused either due to a collision with another boat or due to a submerged object.
However, there are numerous factors that are used to set the cost of a boat insurance policy and they vary among the insurers. Some of those to consider are given here below:
- Decent driving records – It includes both driving and boating.
- Cruising area – The area where you prefer to drive or boat.
- Deductible is inversely proportional to premium- The higher the deductible, the lower is the premium.
- Boating safety education – If you are formally trained or certified.
- Liability limits – The greater the limit, the higher will be the cost.
Shop around for boat insurance
Whether you own a luxury yacht or a small bass boat, insurance coverage from Remsen Insurance Agency will keep your boat protected. Our insurance experts will work with you to search for the best insurance policy that fits your unique boating requirements at the best price. To know more about obtaining boat insurance, please call us at 781-444-4411 or click onto this link http://www.remsenins.com/boat-insurance-in-and-around-dedhem-needham-newton-norfolk-norwood-and-wellesley-ma-from-remsen-insurance-agency/